You know that favorite appetizer from your favorite restaurant?
One of our favorites is the Bang Bang Shrimp from Bonefish Grill. Bonefish Grill has locations across the nation and is a favorite hot spot for Destin visitors and locals alike. This delectable little dish and a delightful atmosphere for happy hour are the two main ingredients in the Bonefish Grill’s success.
Although restaurants like Bonefish Grill would never give out their actual recipes for their signature dishes the internet is full of copy-cat recipes that come as close to the real thing as you can get without takeout. One great site to find some of these hacked recipes is Food.com. They have quite a list of your favorite dishes from famous restaurants around the world. Bang Bang Shrimp is just one of many recipes you can find here.
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and de-veined smaller shrimp works best
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 3 -5 drops hot chili sauce, just a few drops
- 1/2-3/4 cup cornstarch, to coat the shrimp in
- Mix mayo and sauces for coating.
- Bread shrimp in cornstarch.
- Deep fat fry the shrimp until lightly brown.
- Drain on paper towel, put shrimp in a bowl and coat with the sauce.
- Serve in a lettuce lined bowl, top with chopped scallions.
Have yourself a happy hour at Bonefish Grill next time you are in Destin. This recipe does the trick if you are at home. But nothing beats a great atmosphere and good friends while you sip on a beverage to cool your mouth from the Bang Bang Shrimp. Come stay with us at Sea Oats Motel. We are right up the road from Bonefish Grill which is adjacent to Destin Commons.