If you want to take a weekend to visit the unparalleled beauty of the Emerald Coast, now is the perfect chance.
A stay at the Sea Oats Motel in sunny Destin is a great way to be near to all the fun things you may want to do including our famous beaches.
However if your ideas of a beach weekend are being met with some resistance, maybe from your spouse, then keep in mind that it’s good to provide them with a brief list of the many fun adventures that await both of you on our polished quartz shores.
Did you know that unlike anywhere else in the Panhandle of Florida, Destin is unique in the fact that the limestone native to the region, forms beautiful outcroppings, covered with soft corals, sponges, game fish, as well as an abundance of tropical fish, beginning just a few miles off the beach. This makes this pristine stretch of the Gulf of Mexico a diving and snorkeling paradise.
This also makes our charming seaside village one of the best places to cast in a line and do a bit of fishing. From deep sea sport fishing, to cane pole fishing in the bay, there’s something for every angler in the Luckiest Fishing Village on Earth.
Other really great activities that you could showcase include:
- Eco-Tours around our gorgeous bays and bayous from a kayak or a paddleboard. Your family will get a chance to see and hear all about our diverse coastal habitats and the creatures that call them home. Tours generally last any where from 2-3 hours and the price includes equipment.
- Dolphin Excursions are a great activity for all ages and abilities. Typically taking place in the evening, expert guides will take your family to some of our secret spots to see not only dolphins, but manatees, sting rays, sea turtles, whales and even sharks. Lasting for about three hours, these cruises are a very popular way of seeing the Gulf of Mexico up close.
- Henderson and Eden State Parks are ideal for a guest who prefers to be away from all the hustle and bustle to experience natural, old world Florida in a tranquil setting. Bird watching is outstanding at both parks, and Eden has a beautifully preserved plantation home to explore as well as natural springs and a breathtaking gardens.
- Big Kahunas Water Park is every child’s, and child at heart’s, aquatic dream come true. Named in the Top Five Water Parks in the country by the Travel Channel, this water wonderland offers over 40 rides, slides and attractions for every member of your crew, from the intense drops from slides at a crazy heights to a killer lazy river complete with alligators and waterfalls.
- Silver Sands Outlets and Destin Commons provide endless shopping fun for the member of your group that loves a good bargain and lots of air conditioning.
For more information on the spectacular attraction and activities of the Emerald Coast or to book your stay at the Sea Oats Motel, the original beachfront vacation haven in Destin, call now!
Lead photo courtesy of SoWal.com