A Scavenger Hunt!
Taking a group to the Emerald Coast? A beach scavenger hunt is a must!
This is a great way to have fun beach-combing and playing in the sand with your family when staying at the charming Sea Oats Motel, the original beachfront hideaway in Destin Florida.
Folks of all ages enjoy beach hunting, whether they are looking for shells in the sand or dolphins in the water, they enjoy exploring the pure white sand dunes that make Destin Florida such a special place to visit. So if you’re looking for beach games to bring along, consider this one.
And as always, add to it with your own creative flair and have fun!
Beach Scavenger Hunt Tasks
For this beach activity you must find the following items:
- Three different kinds of shells.
- A feather.
- A unique piece of driftwood.
- A creature’s home.
- Something swimming in the water. What is it?
- A whole sand dollar.
- Build a sand castle.
- Five different colored stones.
- A piece of kelp.
- Three pieces of trash.
- A piece of seaglass.
- A message in a bottle.
- An animal track in the sand. What type of animal made the track?
- A cloud animal. What do you see?
- Someone’s initials in the sand.
- Count how many waves crash into shore in one minute.
- How many paces wide is the beach?
- Bury someone’s legs in the sand and take a picture.
- Wade into the water. Time how long it takes for your feet to dry.
- Find something red.
Children, teens and adults all love beach combing and this fun activity will help everyone to explore the our magical coastal home a little more thoroughly as they are on the lookout for new and interesting scavenger hunt clues.
Enjoy your vacation to the beach and remember to stop back and share your experience with this scavenger hunt!