Fall and winter along is spectacular on the Emerald Coast and at the Sea Oats Motel
The sunny town of Destin, FL is coming alive with amazing activities for your whole family to enjoy while taking advantage of the beautiful mild temperatures!
For our guests planning a visit during the next month or so, the awesome staff at the charming Sea Oats, have prepped a list for you to help you on your exploration of our unrivalled coastal paradise retreat.
There really is something for everyone in your crew, so head down this fall, what are you waiting for!
- Baytowne On Ice: For those who miss the cold and ice, the ice skating rink at The Village of Baytowne Wharf is the opportunity to get into the winter spirit from Oct. 31–Feb. 1 at the Apex Skating Pavilion.
- Wine Festival: The 24th Annual Seeing Red Wine Festival at Seaside will be Nov. 6-9. Events include the Vintner’s Dinner at 7 p.m. Nov. 6 at Bud & Alley’s Restaurant. Admission is $125. For reservations, call 850-231-1846.
- The Al Fresco Reserve Tasting will be held from 6-8 p.m. Nov. 7 in Seaside’s Lyceum Lawn. Admission is $200. The Grand Tasting takes place from 1-4 p.m. Nov. 8 on the streets of Seaside. Admission is $145. Tickets may be purchased online.
- A Celebration of Bubbles begins at 11 a.m. Nov. 9 at the Great Southern Café. Admission is $60. Call 850-231-7327 for reservations. There is literally something for every wine lover at these events.
- Blue Angels: This is the hotel’s most favorite upcoming event, when the Naval Air Station Pensacola will host the annual Blue Angels Homecoming Airshow Nov. 7-9. The Navy’s Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels, will be performing on Saturday and Sunday. Friday night’s show features a Fire & Lights night pyro show. Admission and parking is free. Food and memorabilia will be available. Pets and coolers are not permitted.
For more ideas when visiting the Emerald Coast, be sure to make your next reservation at the Sea Oats Motel. Located away from all the hustle and bustle of the main drag, the Sea Oats Motel is situated amidst spectacular coastal vistas on a scenic stretch of Old Highway 98.
Besides our resident manatees, other coastal wildlife your family may see from your room or when relaxing on the shore, are dolphins, sharks, a wide variety of fish, and bird life from pelicans to bald eagles. Be sure to catch one of our sunsets from the intimacy of your private patio, and watch the fishing vessels roll in with the tide as they head home to port.
There is so much to do and see on the Emerald Coast this fall and winter season that you won’t know where to start first, but when you make your reservations to stay the the beachfront retreat the Sea Oats Motel in sunny Destin, you’ve started it off right.