When you are away from home on your vacation at The Sea Oats Motel in Destin it is so easy to forget about what you are eating and pick up weight.
Here are a few suggestions to avoid gaining weight on vacation.
- Try to avoid eating a lot of fast food-once in awhile fast food isn’t so bad for you but it shouldn’t be the focus of your diet at any time even on vacation. Fast food is high in calories and fat.
- Instead keep fresh fruit, easy to prepare simple but healthy foods in the refrigerator in your unit. Fresh meat and cheeses, vegetables, etc., are not hard to prepare and will help you to eat healthier.
- Take advantage of the beach and take walks at least once a day, more if you can fit it in.
Staying active will help you to burn calories and keep your body in good condition.
- Keep healthy snacks around all the time so that if hunger strikes you can easily eat a healthy snack and avoid higher calorie foods.
- Focus on enjoying activities and the Destin area rather than focusing on what you are going to eat each meal. Place less importance on the meals and you may find that you are not consuming as much and keeping busy helps you avoid eating out of boredom.
The Sea Oats Motel is the last of its kind beachfront motel. We are right on the most gorgeous beach in the world. We are also close to many area restaurants, shopping and other activities.